Thursday, May 2, 2013

thankful thursday: may 2nd

it should be everyday that i find at least 1 thing that i'm thankful for, but i'd like to at least make an effort to post about it once a week. even when things are hard, there's always something to be thankful for. i try to think of things in that way, even though i don't always want to.

something i'm thankful for this week:

GOD NEVER GIVES UP ON US.

what a blessing. He teaches us, guides us, loves us and will teach us the same lesson over and over and over. if you're anything like me, then there are lessons He's been teaching you for years. some of them i have a harder time learning than others.

sometimes my mom will say (about a tough situation) "you better learn your lesson from this situation the first time so He doesn't have to try to teach you this one again!" :) since she first said that, i've repeated that to myself often.

i came across a journal the other day while organizing some of our things in the office, and read some of the entries i had written years ago. i am still struggling now with some of the same things i was then. finding my place, doing what the Lord has for me, being content regardless of what situation i find myself in -- when things are nothing like i pictured things or wanted them to be. thank goodness He knows what's best. and i find such comfort in knowing that He hasn't given up on me. i'm still learning and He's still willing to teach me. and the same is true for all of His children.

that's something i'm thankful for today... and everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment