Monday, May 6, 2013

make it monday: anthro letters

Today is the first post for "Make it Mondays"!

Since we have moved back to the states, I have been working on lots of crafts and projects that I wasn't able to do on the island.

Today's project is:

KNOCK OFF ANTHROPOLOGIE LETTERS

I'm sure alot of you have seen these Anthro letters:


I had pinned this tutorial on pinterest, making the letters E-A-T for the kitchen, but I don't really have a place to put them in my kitchen.

when my friend Jan posted this link for B-A-T-H for the bathroom and I knew I wanted to try it! :)


I bought 4 cardboard letters from Hobby Lobby, some Martha Stewart paint (sterling), and decided to give it a try.

Start with your blank letter:


And your paint:


I used a foam paintbrush to put 2 thin coats on:


After the letters dried, I hung them in the bathroom over the towel rack:


And that's it! Super easy DIY. :)


Here's a rundown of the cost.

Anthropologie letters are $18 a piece

The blank letters I found at Hobby Lobby were $2.47 a piece, plus they were 50% off, making them only $1.24 each (so 4 were around $5)
I used a 40% off coupon for the Martha Stewart metallic paint, so it was only $1.30

Total cost for 4 Anthro letters: $72

Total cost for my 4 letters: $6.30

I was pretty happy with that deal! :)
Happy Monday everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment