Thursday, May 20, 2010

Charissa and Cake Pops :)

Well, today's been a very busy day!

I woke up early to go have my tooth implant surgery - blah!
But it went ok and at least it's over... until the last step in 3 more months (putting the crown on)

But the day was brightened when a trip to the airport produced a friend visiting! :)
Charissa is here for a few days! Woo Hoo!

Here's a picture of us from tonight (we're tired!)...
me and my tulip friend :)

Also she helped me finish another batch of cake pops!
This time I tried Ashlee's suggestion of Funfetti cake mix and Cream Cheese frosting - YUM!
Also tried light blue candy melts and sprinkly candy melts, and love the springy colors :)

Here, take a look:
cake pops try #2!

cake pops up-close
They are really easy to make, you can click on this link to see Ashlee's step-by-step pictures.

Basically, here are the steps.
#1: Make the cake according to the box directions, and let it cool.
#2: Food process the cake until crumbled.
#3: Add 3/4 can of frosting and mix well.
#4: Form into balls, place on wax paper lined cookie sheet, place a lollipop stick into each ball, and freeze until hard. (at least a few hours, can be frozen overnight)
#5: Melt bag of candy melts, dip balls into the melts.
#6: Coat with sprinkles, frosting, or however you choose - ENJOY!! :)

I'm still learning different tips and techniques to make them better -- Let me know if you try them and what you think!

2 comments:

  1. i love your new home! and the cake pops are so fun. love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just gave you the versitile blogger award! you can check it out on my latest post! =)
    love, kathy

    ReplyDelete