Thursday, August 8, 2013

thankful thursday: august 8th

today, i'm thankful...

that even though God's ways are not our ways and things don't always makes sense...

i am thankful that i can trust that He has a plan.

so much of my crazy roller coaster of a life hasn't made sense to me, and i don't always see His plan, but what a comfort to know that HE HAS ONE.

He hasn't forgotten me.

He loves me and wants what's best for me, even if it isn't the way i imagined it would be.

i read this quote the other day on a blog, and it really hit home for me.

"God doesn’t give us anything we can’t handle, although I’m often sure that he is over-confident in me. Life is all about how we react to the change of plans. It’s a constant choice to react with hope and faith."

isn't that the truth? how do i react when His plans don't match up with the ones i made in my head? of course i would love to know what His plans are for me, but today i'm just thankful for the fact that He has a plan for me. just need to keep taking things one step at a time.

i don't know what the future holds, but i know WHO holds the future. and for that, i'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment